Table of Contents
As a restaurant owner, it’s crucial to maintain a clean and safe environment for your staff and customers. One important aspect of this is keeping your restaurant hood clean. In this article, we’ll discuss the various types of restaurant hoods, their sizes and brands, as well as cleaning methods and prices in Philadelphia.
This is how a professional restaurant hood cleaning company does it!
Types of Restaurant Hoods
There are several types of restaurant hoods available, each designed for different types of cooking and ventilation needs:
- Wall-mounted canopy hoods – These hoods are mounted directly above the cooking equipment, providing effective ventilation for grills, fryers, and other cooking appliances.
- Island canopy hoods – Ideal for open kitchens, island hoods are suspended from the ceiling and provide ventilation for cooking equipment in the center of the room.
- Downdraft hoods – These hoods are installed flush with the cooking surface and draw air downward, making them suitable for smaller kitchens.
- Proximity hoods – Also known as back shelf hoods, proximity hoods are mounted close to the cooking surface and offer a more compact ventilation solution.
Hood Sizes and Brands
The size of your hood depends on the size and type of your cooking equipment. Common hood sizes range from 4 to 20 feet in length. Some popular restaurant hood brands include CaptiveAire, Halton, and Gaylord. Prices for these hoods can vary, with some models starting at $1,500 and others exceeding $10,000.
Types of Hood Cleaning
To maintain a clean and safe kitchen, it’s essential to clean your hood regularly. There are three main types of hood cleaning services:
- Standard cleaning – This involves the removal of grease and debris from the hood’s interior and exterior surfaces. Professional hood cleaning services typically charge by the linear foot, with prices ranging from $100 to $150 per foot in Philadelphia.
- Deep cleaning – In addition to standard cleaning, deep cleaning includes the thorough cleaning of the exhaust fan, ductwork, and filters. This service can help improve your indoor air quality and is recommended at least twice a year. Prices can range from $200 to $400 per linear foot in Philadelphia.
- Filter replacement – Over time, grease filters can become clogged and less effective. Replacing these filters is essential for maintaining proper ventilation and preventing fire hazards. Prices for filter replacement vary depending on the type and size of the filter.
Cleaning Prices in Philadelphia
In Philadelphia, hood cleaning prices can vary depending on the size of your hood, the type of cleaning service you choose, and the company you hire. On average, you can expect to pay between $100 and $400 per linear foot for hood cleaning services. It’s important to choose a professional duct cleaning service that is experienced, licensed, and insured to ensure the best results.
People Also Ask
How often should I clean my restaurant hood?
The frequency of hood cleaning depends on the type and volume of cooking in your restaurant. As a general rule, high-volume establishments should have their hoods cleaned every three months, while low-volume establishments can go up to six months between cleanings. How often you clean your air ducts also plays a role in maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment.
Can clean air ducts help with lung infections?
Yes, clean air ducts can help reduce the risk of lung infections. Dirty air ducts can harbor dust, mold, and other allergens that can aggravate respiratory issues or lead to infections. Regular air duct cleaning can improve indoor air quality and help maintain a healthy environment.
What are the dangers of not cleaning my restaurant hood?
Neglecting to clean your restaurant hood can lead to several issues, including poor air quality, unpleasant odors, and increased fire risk. Grease buildup in hoods and ductwork can provide fuel for fires, making regular cleaning essential for preventing dangerous situations. Learn more about the dangers of black mold and other hazards associated with unclean hoods.
How can I save money on hood cleaning services?
To save money on hood cleaning services, consider the following tips:
- Get multiple quotes from reputable companies to compare prices and services.
- Schedule regular cleanings to avoid costly deep cleanings or repairs.
- Ask about discounts for long-term contracts or off-peak scheduling.
- Implement a regular maintenance routine to keep your hood clean between professional cleanings.
For more advice on how to save money, check out these tips on reducing costs for duct cleaning services.
In conclusion, keeping your restaurant hood clean is essential for maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Understanding the different types of hoods, cleaning methods, and prices in Philadelphia can help you make informed decisions when choosing a professional hood cleaning service. Remember to clean your hood regularly, and consider the factors discussed in this article when selecting a cleaning provider.